Tuesday, January 06, 2009

Cut The Guff!

I was reading a blog by Emily Coltman today and have just signed up for her "Cut The Guff" ezine. You can read more about this here.

Anyway, M is a big fan of the plain English campaign and I have been a supporter for many years and have helped some accountancy firms retrain their staff and rewrite their standard letters and helped them learn to speak plain English.

I wanted to join the plain English Campaign and be a full member but was really disappointed to find out it would cost me over £1,000 for the benefit! I contacted them and explained my position (small, broke, humble sole trader!) and asked if they could discount the fee but the answer was ..................NO!

Come on guys, can't you see I really want to help? How about a reduced membership fee for us here who are REALLY passionate about plain English and want to spread the word.

No comments: